You’ll notice in ISO 9001:2015 that clause 6.2.2 requires action plans for Quality Objectives. Yikes! Here’s the good news: these plans will help. Design your Action Plans to help you reach your targets – hitting targets will help you improve your Management System. You’ll see that the requirements include:
- What are we going to do to meet the target?
- What resources will we need?
- Who will take responsibility for the outcome?
- When are we planning to finish it?
- How will we measure success?
To improve the chances of success, keep these 4 Keys in mind:
- 1. The ‘solution’ or objective must be based on need
- 2. Start with the willing and those who really could use the help
- 3. Stay focused on the goal and/or the ‘problem’ you’re trying to solve
- 4. Match managers’ behaviours to the practitioners’ behaviours
Keeping these points in your sights will help you hit your target, or at least learn a lot in the process!
Know Quality, Know Profits…No Quality, No Profits
If you’d like to see if our platform could help you manage your improvement projects in your organization, schedule a demo and we’ll see if it’s a good fit for you: